Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Castles in the Air


I put the last bit of glitz in my Castles in the Air (www.papillon-creations.com) 23 part SAL last night. A bit nostalgic that it is over, two years is a long time to work on something without it ending up in the 'bin of forgotten projects'. I enjoyed revisiting all the speciality stitches, in fact they got better as I went along. The only stitch I actively hated was the spider web stitch. If the project had been on a hoop that I could have rotated it would not have been as bad, but with 30 inch rods that stitch was awkward for me. There weren't many and they were only in one element, so I did not change the stitch. I was very tempted though.

The project was done on 28 count evenweave, white, with stash which included overdyed cotton, overdyed silk, 4 different kinds of beads (I kept running out.....stash is wonderful but usually the bead packs are not full and this is a very 'beady' project.) and DMC light effects metallic.

Very fitting that I finished this fantasy castle on the summer solstice.


Posted by Picasa

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Castles in the Air

Taking decent pictures of needlework is an art that I have not yet acquired. Finished my HAED and went back to work on CITA. Here is my progress as of May 23. The people stitching this will notice that I am NOT following the numerical progression of pieces as published. A little maverick showing....
Posted by Picasa